Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Genmaicha

If you're feeling a bit stressed then you'll be most interested in my "teas-day" subject - Genmaicha

Genmaicha© by Haalo

Genmaicha is a blend of green tea and toasted brown rice and the first thing you'll notice is the lovely sweet, nutty aroma from the toasted rice.

Genmaicha© by Haalo

It's important when brewing this tea that you don't use boiling water - boiling water will make the tea bitter - try for a temperature of 80°C and infuse only for a minute or two. It is low in caffeine so it's a great tea for any part of the day or night.

2 comments

  1. I love the toasty flavour of this tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried Genmaicha and I've never heard of toasted rice in tea. It sounds like a very interesting flavor. I should try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig