Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Monthly Mingle #2

This month we're mingling with Meeta around the BBQ. I can't say that it's the season here for eating outdoors but that's no reason not to get into the spirit of summer.

These are a couple of really simple but chock-a-block full of flavour. They are equally suited to being done outside on the BBQ or inside on a grill plate.

The first, is a dish from the archives, Skewered Lemongrass Prawns that would be perfect on a warm summers evening.
lemongrass prawns

The second, involves my old friend Chermoula and this time I've marinated chicken thighs to create these Chermoula Chicken Skewers.

skewers

Chermoula Chicken Skewers

500g chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boned
½ cup Chermoula
bamboo skewers, soaked in water to prevent them burning

Slice the chicken evenly into bite sized pieces.

Place the chermoula into a bowl and add the chicken pieces - mix well to ensure they are thickly covered.

I like to use smaller skewers - these hold two pieces of chicken - that way it's a lot easier to eat the chicken off the skewer without risk of stabbing yourself - not that I've ever done that.

Thread the chicken onto the skewers and when it's all done, place this in the fridge to allow the flavours to develop - an hour or so should be fine. You don't want to leave it too long as there is lemon juice in the chermoula.

Grill these over a medium-low heat - you just want the chicken to cook through and the surface to be nicely browned.

Serve hot from the grill - perfect with a glass of Semillon.

Tagged with

4 comments

  1. These look great Haalo, I hope you made enough for the mingle ;-)! Thank you for your fantastic participation. Big Hug and a lot of warm sunshine from Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meeta - there's always plenty to go round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm spotlighting these recipes today on my blog as part of South Beach Recipes of the Week. I've included your photo (with a photo credit for you, of course.) Please let me know if you have any problem with how I've done this.
    Thanks,
    Kalyn

    P.S. I'm writing this from SF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kalyn - there's no problem with that at all. Enjoy your time in SF, it's a fantastic city!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig